Sunday, April 12, 2009

PART THREE: The Case of the Multiple Raymond Scotts

Raymond Scott had a wild imagination, yet the man born Harry Warnow chose a banal pseudonym. A Google search pinpoints plenty of Raymond Scotts who are not our Raymond Scott. Part three of a diversionary series (part 1 and part 2):
Raymond Scott: RENAISSANCE OUTDOORSMAN
Called "America's outdoor icon" and the "godfather of modern bass fishing," this Raymond Scott has championed the fishing and hunting industry for decades thru magazines, TV shows, and foundations. Yet Ray is preparing to embark on another career—motivational speaker. "I've done everything from manufacture my grandmother's recipe for chow-chow (a type of relish) to inventing my own LAKE LIFE pump (a water aeration system) to protect my personal bass lake," the p/t inventor explains. His new speaking career has him pumped! "I can't remember the last time I have been so excited about a new direction. It's a perfect fit at this stage of my career." Told he's been called "the Dale Carnegie and Zig Ziglar of the outdoor world," Scott accepts the compliment. His motivation is simple: "I've got a story to tell. I can help people." And for your safety: The Mustang Survival Deluxe Inflatable Personal Flotation Device.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't our Raymond Scott invent some type bass fishing device too? A bass fishing-line generator or something...?

    ReplyDelete